As there is one element that will not only boost but makes the tracks get together better. So this element is known as the group tracks and buses. Usually, Group tracks are made for mixing purposes. In every DAW you will get the feature to group certain tracks or sounds to a single mixer channel. Whenever you mix with your production, it is extremely beneficial. Also, it will save time but, in FL Studio it will be a bit hard to figure it out how this feature works. So here is the short guide How To Use FL Studio Group Mixer Tracks.
Group Mixer Tracks:
First, let’s see one example so let’s say that, you want to have the same reverb which has been applied to all your drum samples. One way to do this would be going to the individual track on the mixer and load up that same reverb effect. But with a group track, you can do the same process very quickly that will save a lot of time. So look down below for making it work!
- First of all, you have to select the open channel on your mixer so that it will be a group track.
- After that, you have to route the channels that you would like to include in that group to the group channel. Mostly, in the production software, this is called as a send.
Now let’s see the example of the Group Channel
Group Channel Example:
Over here we will be routing the same our five drum samples to the same group track. Once all routed, you can apply it to the reverb effect to group track. So this can be done with a type of effect/ processing. But one of the favourite applications of this is buss compression. As I have already mentioned the example above, so if you use the above instruction and put a compressor on the bus track it can surely gel the drum samples together.
However, group track can be pretty handy but Group certain elements for beats for mixing easily. For instance, when you have separate groups for your drums, bass, horns will make it smooth to do adjustments. So whenever the drums need to turn up, you can slide up the fader on the group track rather than moving each and individual drum track as it will save a lot of time.
How To Create Group Tracks In FL Studio
Usually, DAW software has a simple method to set this up, so here is the guide to do this in FL Studio. But it will work similarly with most of the production software. So here we go!
- First, in the FL Studio, you have to ensure that all the channels are being sent to the mixer or not.
- If all channels are sent to the mixer then, next you have to choose a free channel in the mixer to be your group track.
- After that, you have to select the first channel, and then you have to route to the group track clicking left on it.
- Now, you have to look for the arrow located under the group track on the mixer and then right click on it.
- After that, you need to choose a route to this track only.
So this will tell the mixer in FL Studio to send your source tracked via your group track before sending it to the master. After setting up one channel, you can repeat the process for all the tracks that you want to go to the same group track. That’s it! I hope now you have learned on how to use group tracks in FL Studio.