If you’re a rapper and looking for the best mic for rap vocals here are the “Best 10 Microphones For Rap Vocals”, because when you get on the stage to rap, you need a trusty mic. Usually, you need a mic for recording a jam and rapper has lots of fast talking along with the music.
So to make sense out of it, all the details need to be captured correctly also the rhythm needs to be warmth along with best rap microphones. Usually, a good rap mic with the weighty low end brings out the power from the words of rapper and force the emotion.
Choosing the right mic for yourself is one of the tough tasks as there are tons of mics out there, so it will be hard to sort out the best one. So no need for searching take a cup of a coffee pot and read the article and decide which one will be the best for you. Here are the Best 10 Mic For Rap Vocals.
- 1 Audio-Technica AT4040 Cardioid Condenser Microphone
- 2 Features of Audio-Technica
- 3 Audio-Technica Design and Quality
- 4 Neumann TLM 102 MT Condenser Microphone, Cardioid
- 5 Features of Neumann TLM 102
- 6 Rode NT1-A Anniversary Vocal Cardioid Condenser Microphone Package
- 7 Features of Rode NT1-A Anniversary Vocal Cardioid Condenser
- 8 Audio-Technica AT2035 Cardioid Condenser Microphone Bundle with Blucoil Pop Filter with 2 Layered Mesh and 10-foot XLR Cable
- 9 Features of Audio-Technica AT2035 Cardioid Condenser Microphone
- 10 AKG Pro Audio C414 XLII Vocal Condenser Microphone, Multipattern
- 11 Features of AKG Pro Audio C414 XLII Vocal Condenser Microphone
- 12 Rode NTK Premium Tube Cardioid Condenser Microphone
- 13 Features Of Rode NTK Premium Tube Cardioid Condenser Microphone
- 14 AKG C214 Professional Large-Diaphragm Condenser Microphone
- 15 MXL 770 Cardioid Condenser Microphone
- 16 Features of MXL 770 Cardioid Condenser Microphone
- 17 AKG Vocal Condenser Microphone Black 6.00 x 8.00 x 12.00″ 3101H00420
- 18 Features of AKG Vocal Condenser Microphone
- 19 Shure SM57-LC Cardioid Dynamic Microphone
- 20 Features of SM57-LC Cardioid
Audio-Technica AT4040 Cardioid Condenser Microphone
Audio-Technica is worth to mention in the list of the Best 10 Mic For Rap Vocals as it is the master of sound. It has set an unbeatable mark for maintaining excellent audio standards no matter what the price range. All of their products bring value without a doubt Audio-Technica is the best mic.
It provides a wide range of frequency it can also take anything that, you throw at it. Moreover, Audio-Technica is warm decadent clinches and top notch for recording rap vocals. Check out the features and design & quality of Audio-Technica down below!
Features of Audio-Technica
- Audio-Technica AT4040 comes with wide cardioid patterns which help to pick up the entire frequencies equally
- It adds a pump the high-end a bit that gives extra sparkle to the airy and rich audio sounds.
- The transient response is pretty fast that keeps distortion at high SPL.
- Max input sound is 145 dB SPL which can extend to 155 DB with attenuation pad.
- It has the 15-inch XLR cable and low noise floor, and a good pop filter will eliminate most of the noise.
Audio-Technica Design and Quality
- It is a solid matte black and comes with padded foam with a velvet cover.
- The spidery shock mount gives the stand a firm grip on the mic.
Neumann TLM 102 MT Condenser Microphone, Cardioid
Neumann TLM 102 MT Condenser Microphone is one of the expensive rap microphones on the list of the best mic rap vocals. It is a small mic which makes it easy for traveling as well. But it is a condenser mic, so be careful with it while traveling. Usually, Neumann TLM 102 is best for vocals but works great with loud instruments like drums.
The quick transient of the Neumann TLM 102 catches the words of rapper without making them sounds too dull. As the peaks are not pronouce like in cheaper mics, so voice opens up and doesn’t sound sibilant at all. Also, the vocals get a clear presence and highlight with the mic.
Moreover, it goes with guitar as well and more resistant to the plosives in contrast to other condenser mics, and the comprehensibility of speech makes the ideal choice for rapping.
Features of Neumann TLM 102
- It has the large diaphragm cardioid mic which can endure maximum pressure level of the 144dB SPL.
- Neumann TLM 102 clear peaks are around the 6kHz peaks.
- It holds a 1-inch condenser capsule that absorbs the vibrations.
- Neumann TLM 102 mic raw output is usable without the EQ.
Rode NT1-A Anniversary Vocal Cardioid Condenser Microphone Package
Rode NT1-A Anniversary Vocal Cardioid Condenser is one of the beautiful microphones at its price. The capsule has double protection, first with thin pop screen and hardy metal grill. Also, a studio quality pop shield is included in it for further protection from the plosives.
Rode NT1-A Anniversary gives vocal nice transparent quality with a slight bump close to 120Hz which makes audio weighty and natural. In contrast to the other vocal mic, the presence peak of Rode NT1-A Anniversary is more wide and subtle.
Furthermore, Rode NT1 sounds pleasant and natural with all kind of voices and excellent mic for instruments as well.
Features of Rode NT1-A Anniversary Vocal Cardioid Condenser
- It comes fixed with a cardioid mic, and wide frequency covers more ground than NT1.
- Rode NT1-A Anniversary is a legend for shunting noise and one of the highest signal to noise ratio.
- It supports a maximum SPL of 137 dB.
Audio-Technica AT2035 Cardioid Condenser Microphone Bundle with Blucoil Pop Filter with 2 Layered Mesh and 10-foot XLR Cable
Audio-Technica AT2035 Cardioid Condenser comes pack with the tons of features and accessories. Also, one can span performances from home studios to professional studios. Audio-Technica AT2035 Cardioid can handle a sound pressure up to 148dB and packs a 10dB pad which can extend to 158dB SPL.
Furthermore, Audio-Technica AT2035 is good for maintaining natural tones, and the signal to noise ratio is around 82dB which will be good for a large diaphragm.
Features of Audio-Technica AT2035 Cardioid Condenser Microphone
- It comes with the metal grille which provides ample protection to the capsule.
- Audio-Technica AT2035 Cardioid Condenser weighs around 400g which can take the rigors of traveling.
- It responds in the 20-20,000Hz range and handles a sound pressure up to 148dB SPL.
- Audio-Technica AT2035 Cardioid Condenser is high sensitivity with 10dB and hi-pass filter.
AKG Pro Audio C414 XLII Vocal Condenser Microphone, Multipattern
AKG Pro Audio C414 XLII Vocal Condenser is a well-known mic with the button upfronts which allows switching between 9 different pickup patterns. You can alter the vocal range and noise range from the side and back of the mic. Also, one can lock and unlock the selection so that it does not get accidentally change.
It has the attenuator pad which provides three pad option as 6dB, 12dB, and 18dB. Moreover, AKG Pro Audio C414 XLII Vocal Condenser brings balanced audio and the low frequencies provide a solid base for mids and highs as well.
Features of AKG Pro Audio C414 XLII Vocal Condenser Microphone
- It comes with a foam-cushioned aluminum carry case and a strudy shock mount.
- It has locking features and locks the pickup patterns.
- The audio of AKG Pro Audio C414 XLII Vocal Condenser is excellent.
Rode NTK Premium Tube Cardioid Condenser Microphone
Rode NTK Premium Tube Cardioid Condenser Microphone is the expensive specimens of Rodes with charming design. The interiors are primed to protect the diaphragm against the low-frequency handling vibrations. The rap mic comes with an excellent flight case and power supply and 7 pin cable.
Rode NTK Premium Tube entertains merely low noise, and the signal to noise ratio is 82dB. The audio of the microphone can go beyond which truns out to be a better original reproduction.
One of the best things about the Rode NTK Premium Tube Cardioid Condenser is that it can respond to compression, and there will be no perceptible coloration to the tones. Furthermore, the 158dB SPL will limit enables the Rode NTK to endure some unwieldy screaming and loud instruments.
Features Of Rode NTK Premium Tube Cardioid Condenser Microphone
- It is highly economized and top-notch design.
- It has airy and exciting audio which requires less EQ.
- Rode NTK Premium Tube Cardioid comes along with the own power supply and cables and carry case.
AKG C214 Professional Large-Diaphragm Condenser Microphone
If you don’t want extras C414 but likes fantastic audio then, AKG C214 Professional Large-Diaphragm will be perfect for you as it offers the best accessories and decent user’s option. The double-mesh grille in front of the condenser battles against stray radio waves.
Also, the entire construction is shock and scratch resistant. AKG C214 Professional Large-Diaphragm offers features of the C414 and 10dB attenuation pad and a High pass filter. It can simply smoothen down the sound and eliminates the EQ also gives a nice bass-end for male rap vocals.
But the female vocals sound slightly thin as compared to other mics. Moreover, you can get close with the drums and guitars without tearing up the diaphragm and also the clean and rich sounds make rap lyrics one of the best.
MXL 770 Cardioid Condenser Microphone
MXL 770 Cardioid Condenser is the great all-around appeal that comes with many Stereophile. MXL 770 Cardioid Condenser highly affordable mic and serves well for the entry-level musicians as well. It comes with the with a shock mount that can place in the hard case.
Almost all the components are sturdy but, you have to be careful while handling. MXL 770 Cardioid can mitigate using the right pop filter to avoid plosives, and the six-micron gold-sputtered diaphragm makes nicely warm and natural vocals.
Male and female can find the solace in the low-frequency richness of the MXL 770 microphone also it makes good voices sound natural, and the thin voices sound more substantial.
Features of MXL 770 Cardioid Condenser Microphone
- It does the trick in the bass-end of the frequencies for rap vocals and plays in 30Hz to a 30kHz range.
- The low cut is handy, and attenuator increases the maximum SPL even further.
- It is clear and clean audio which outstanding audio for money.
AKG Vocal Condenser Microphone Black 6.00 x 8.00 x 12.00″ 3101H00420
AKG Vocal Condense will be the best for a beginner who has a modest budget. This one is an excellent device for the rap and rock vocalist that is clear and clean audio. The basic features like attenuator pad and low-cut filter add more value to the AKG Vocal Condenser.
It comes along with the equally reliable spider shock mount embedded in a neat case where the buttons for the attenuator pad and low-cut filter are on the front side. AKG Vocal is known for meaty and warm low-end performance that adds more naturality to the tone of P220.
Moreover, the performance of the AKG Vocal Condenser Microphone is much dependent on the placement and positioning but highly sensitive which will be unsuitable for stage use, though at its price it will surely exceed the expectations in a studio environment.
Features of AKG Vocal Condenser Microphone
- AKG Vocal works the entire audible range of 20-20, 000 Hz and response predominantly neutral.
- Bass roll-off starts with the 100Hz that will avoid the proximity effects, and the presence peak is around 10kHz.
- The signal noise ratio of AKG Vocal works is 78dB, and the maximum SPL level is 135dB.
- Attenuator extends limit by 10dB
- It has a screw-on shock mount and hard carry case in the pack.
Shure SM57-LC Cardioid Dynamic Microphone
Shure SM57-LC Cardioid Dynamic Microphone is the oldest mic in the list which is still going strong. It is dynamic, and a wide range of performance makes it popular. If nothing seems right then, you can pick up Shure SM57-LC Cardioid it works great. More than a condenser it is dynamic is grittier and design classified as vintage which is built for durability.
It is also available in different bundles like without a cable, stand cable and windscreen bundle, with XLR-to-USB adapter, and much more. Shure SM57-LC Cardioid is dynamic cardioid mic but, it can use for a rapper’s home studio as well. As it is dynamcic, so it won’t pick up noise from the sides and the back.
The best things about Shure SM57-LC Cardioid Dynamic can loud take sounds, so you can scream into the mic. Furthermore, Shure SM57-LC Cardioid performs admirably with vocals and instrument which makes the best and trustworthy mic that assures decent performance to a range of voices and instruments.
Features of SM57-LC Cardioid
- Shure SM57-LC Cardioid is the universal mic for vocals and instrument.
- It is rich and smooth audio that comes at affordable price.
So this is the list of Best 10 Mic for Rap Vocal, choose your best mic and start making your music. I hope that you guys will find the article helpful. So thanks for reading the article!