As there is various music production software that is available out there and there are tons of musicians on YouTube and social media. Those days are gone where there used to be a handful of musicians from the music and film industry using the software.
So when it comes to the customers’ needs and choice, Microsoft is very particular. Because of which it has updated the Windows 10 operating system to the extent which can use for music production.
However, music production software with a Windows operating system is not well optimized for music production. The main cause of this problem is that very few people used such applications before. But now things have changed, and most of the companies brought remarkable changes in their operating systems as well.
As I have mentioned that Microsoft is very particular about the customer’s needs, so Microsoft has brought huge changes in the OS. It has upgraded, stability, updates, and compatibility with anti-latency safeguards so that OS doesn’t crash amid the music production process. Now let’s see how we can optimize your Windows 10 PC in music production.
You Can Adjust Processor Scheduling in Background Services
By adjusting processor scheduling, it can improve PC audio drivers. So you can do this following the step down below.
- First, open the Control Panel and System then Security and System and then Advanced System Settings and Advanced.
- Now, under the performance, you can click on the Settings option then performance options will pop up on the screen of your Windows PC.
- After that, you can click on the Advanced tab and under the processor check the background services radio button.
- So click on the Apply and then OK, that’s it!
You Have To Disable System Sounds
Most of the time a system sounds such as notification beeps and error sounds can hamper your music recordings. One of the best options for this is to turn them off while you are recording and change the settings later on.
- First, you have to go to the Control Panel.
- On the top right corner, you will get the search panel, so search for Sound.
- Now, open it then go to the Sound tab and then select the drop-down box of Sound scheme.
- After that, you can select no sound and clicks apply and ok. That’s it!
Adjust Your PC’s power options to High Performance
Whenever you’re working on with music, make sure that to concentrate all the PC’s power for the purpose. So you need to conserve your PC’s energy and then adjust your PC power options for high performance. For doing so, follow the following steps!
- First of all, you have to go to Control Panel then choose Power Options.
- After that, you have to click on High Performance and click on Change Plan Settings.
- Now, you can check whether the power options are set to Never or Not.
Disable Firewall and Antivirus
When it comes to PC security then, Firewall and Antivirus software applications are essential. But you can turn it off for some time and turn it on once you are done using the music production software.
You Can Disable Windows Background Apps
Whether you’re using it or not, but Windows OS runs an application in the background, so that will dilutes the PC’s performance a bit. So for maximizing the efficiency of music production, you have to adjust your PC power to high performance. Now, you can click on Background apps then click on the slider to turn it off.
Here are the essential optimization tips, so have a look at it!
- First of all, you have to turn it off all other programs which you’re not using such as media players, browsers, and others.
- Now, try not using USB hubs and close any USB devices that are not in use.
- After that, you can update Audio drivers, graphics drivers, and others.
- And then, you can update your audio drivers as well.
- Even you can try other options like turning off UAC.
You can run DAW as an administrator and switch off animated videos, screensavers, and others. But always be careful whenever you’re turning off UAC, Firewall and other such settings. Because this may ruin your Windows 10 PC if not executed correctly.