If you want to enter in the music production then, you will need some of the essential recording equipment. So if you’re a beginner and looking for the recording equipment, you’re on the right page. This article will guide you through the equipment and recording gear, so keep reading the article. Let’s see the list of the recording equipment and then get started making music.
Music Software – FL Studio
- FL Studio is the most powerful and the simplest DAW’s for beginners. Software is well-known in multiple recording levels as well as production. FL Studio has got everything you need in a package for composing, arranging, recording, editing, mixing, and mastering professional quality music.
- It provides full audio-recording and post-production features by which you can record and manipulate external and internal audio. For instance, harmonization,beat-detection, pitch correction, and pitch shifting.
- Also, it has over 32 software synthesizers that can cover acoustic, synthetic bass, electric guitar, multi-sampler tools such as piano and strings, general sample playback, and beat-slicing.
- One of the best things is that it has a simple interface with excellent visualizations for tracks which will help to mix, copy, paste and edit your canvas.
- Moreover, FL Studio is compatible with all MIDI controllers that will let you sample or import separate tracks.
Studio Headphones – Sennheiser HD 280 PRO
- Sennheiser HD 280 PRO is all time best that has over-ear and closed-back headphones with a comfortable as well as durable design.
- It can use for professional monitoring, producing and recording application. But the over-ear design will be the best beginner’s music gear.
- It has a high ambient noise attenuation and accurate, linear sound reproduction because of which one can focus on the application.
- Also, it comes with soft ear pads for an ergonomic fit and swivelling ear cups that will give a little more flexibility. By which one can combine astounding sound and clear sound for an accurate depiction of a song.
Undoubtedly, the Sennheiser HD 280 PRO is the best music equipment for beginners.
Audio Interface – Focusrite Scarlett 2i2
- Audio Interface Focusrite Scarlett 2i2 is called as a face of audio interfaces in the world of the beginner music equipment. However, in terms of ins, outs, XLRs, MIDI audio interfaces vary by many degrees.
- Focusrite Scarlett 2i2 is a well-known model that has 2 mic inputs and 2 outs for instruments.
- There are other Scarlett versions available in the market like 4i4, 6i6, and many more. But for beginners, Focusrite Scarlett 2i2 is the best as it has more than two microphone inputs and many instruments to plug-in at once.
- The audio interface is made up of a rugged aluminium unibody chassis that looks similar as sleek.
- When it comes to recording, Focusrite Scarlett 2i2 has easy connect-ability that makes an ideal for recording the output of a synthesizer.
- Also, it provides the output of an electric acoustic guitar and bass with the click of a button.
- One of the best things about this is that it helps beginners to get illuminated halo indicators. So that they will know when to get a solid signal for recording whereas red means bad, green means good.
- Even the direct monitor function lets to hear a recording through the speakers or headphones without any distraction.
Furthermore, the Focusrite Scarlet 2i2 is a great option for beginners to use as an audio interface.
Recording Microphone Audio – Technica AT2020
While searching for a recording piece of equipment, a microphone may not seem to be a hard one to find. However, you guys may be surprised when you go start to dig deeper.
- Audio-Technica AT2020 is a side-address studio condenser microphone and well-known for the best music equipment for beginners in a project and home studio recording applications.
- In terms of a built, it is combined with rugged construction with a wide dynamic range that can handle all vocalists and almost all instruments from high to SPLs fairly.
- It has a low-mass diaphragm use as extended frequency response and solid transient response which is essential to grab highs and lows accurately.
- Also, it has a cardioid polar pattern that will help to reduce pickup of sounds from the side and rear as well as improvise isolation from the desired sound source.
- AT2020 comes with a pivoting stand mount for smooth, secure attachment and placement of the microphone, but you need to buy a windscreen and mic stand.
All in all, the Audio-Technica AT2020 is useful and powerful that provides solid durability and good quality sound.
Audio Mixer – Behringer XENYX 502
- Behringer XENYX 502 is the powerful XENYX mic preamps that are best for the beginner. It allows mixing audio signals smoothly whenever it is needed.
- It features 3 input channels where one is for mono and two stereos as well as 2-band EQ that makes the best for studio and live use too.
So these are the best recording equipment for beginners!