Compression is the fundamental part of getting a drum to well in a mix. It can mix but, it can also destroy your mix entirely. Hence, most of the engineers are fastidious about the variety of compressors that they want to use. As it is the subjective matter, so I have spent hours spending hours to get the most recommended and best compressors for drums so that you will on the right tracks with your mixing. Now let’s dive into the list of the 5 Best Compressors for Drums.
Softube FET Compressor
After the iconic Urei 1176, Softube FET Compressor has modelled. It is a versatile plug-in which can add a lot of rich and natural distortion on whatever that you pumped through it. However, the aggressive sounds might be the stock in trade but, it can be capable of easing back a touch when required. So whenever, you hear the characterful and explosive sound then, it will impart to drum tracks. But you need to keep pushing it to the extreme.
Undoubtedly, the Softube FET Compressor is a formidable sonic tool that can stand among the old revered hardware compressors. Moreover, it can make the tamest drum tracks big, loud, and explosive and versatile than any other compressor plug-in for drum processing duties.
- It has a parallel compression and continuous ratio that can be set to a fixed ratio.
- All buttons in a mode
- It has a great sounding input and output stage distortion.
- It comes with detector low and high cut filters
Waves Audio SSL G-Master Buss Compressor
It is a combination of a compressor-EQ-filter plug-in that was modelled license from Solid State Logic. It brings the legendary SSL 4000 mixing console channel strip. Waves Audio SSL G delivers the exact dynamic response and versatile for shaping the tone as well as the qualities of the original hardware circuit.
Also, it comes with the pre-boost dip, pre-cut rise, and broad Q, the SSL G features that are great for buss compressor. And for sure it will create wonders on any drum track because of which its pretty hard to find anyone that doesn’t like the Waves Audio SSL G-Master Buss Compressor.
- Perfect for adding punch to drums
- It comes with distinctive EQ and dynamics
- G-Equalizer improves any sound source
Waves Audio Renaissance Compressor
On the list of the 5 Best Compressors For Drums, we have a Waves Audio Renaissance Compressor which is a classic compressor plugin. It can produce the utmost sounding tracks that are highly effective at making drums. Even it is an effective sound sweetener for guitar, bass, and even vocals. One of the best thing about the Waves Audio Renaissance Compressor that it is the cheapest plug-in.
- It has a Vintage Opto and modern Electro modes
- Comes with a double precision bit resolution processing and auto release control for higher RMS levels
- It has an internal brick wall limiting
- Waves Audio Renaissance Compressor has up to a 24-bit/192kHz resolution.
Slate Digital Virtual Buss Compressors (VBC)
Slate Digital Virtual Buss Compressors is designed to reproduce the characteristics of three vintage compressor circuits that are SSL 4000 G-Series Buss Compressor, the Focusrite Red 3 Compressor/Limiter, and the Fairchild 670. It will give the rich, warm, and punchy tones on classic recordings. Furthermore, it has an impressive array of compressors that will give bland drums tracks a new legal agreement on life.
- It has an accurate reproduction of saturation characteristics of the original hardware.
- Almost all of the compressor can combine with the FG-Rack.
- Mix and side-chain high-pass filter knobs
- It comes with Focusrite Red 3 Compressor/Limiter, and the Fairchild 670
FabFilter Pro-C is one of the top choices in the list of the 5 Best Compressors For Drums. As it is the latest version of the compressor plug-in that comes with the best interface. In contrast to the other plugins in the list, FabFilter Pro-C is the innovative and forward-looking plugins.
Even it has an impressive amount of features and functionalities that has eight different compression modes to intelligent auto-gain and auto-release, variable knee to external side-chain triggering, and much more. But you have to be careful while using it as it can easily mess up drum tracks. All in all, FabFilter Pro-C has immense and awesome power for tone-shaping.
- It has animated level knee display and eight compression styles that are completely new to version 2 such as vocal, mastering, bus, punch, and pumping.
- It has accurate peak and loudness metering.
- Side-chain EQ comes with the customizable HP and LP filters.
- The range setting for limiting the maximum gain change
So this was the list of the 5 Best Compressors For Drums. Now you can choose anyone from the list. I hope that you guys like the article and thanks for reading.